SOCIAL MEDIA

Sunday 10 November 2019

My Magical Walt Disney World Vacation, Universal Studios Orlando & Haul


All you need is faith, trust and a little pixie dust....


Welcome to my 2nd Walt Disney World adventure! 

In October I was lucky enough to be able to go back to my happy place...Florida!  
Three years since I last visited in 2016, a lot had changed and I was so excited to find out what! 
It did not disappoint... I was so glad to be able to be back in the Disney Bubble as I like to call it, it really is an escape from reality, it means so much to me to be immersed into a whole world of Disney magic. 

Our Resort 


It really was a difficult choice choosing a resort, but we new we wanted to stay on Disney property to take advantage of free transportation, magical express airport transfers, dining and magic bands. 

We chose to fly with Virgin Atlantic and had a package. In my opinion, it’s just so easy. 

In the end we chose....
Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort! 

We 100% made the right decision! It is a moderate large resort surrounded by beautiful lakes and the theming is a tropical atmosphere. It truly feels like you are in the Caribbean! 
We stayed in a Pirate room which made it extra special having a pirate ship for a bed! 
We ate at Spyglass Grill every morning and recommend the banana pancakes! 


Epcot 


We had fastpasses for Epcot on our first full day so we decided to go there for the day to get started with our holiday. We did TestTrack, Frozen Ever After, met Anna and Elsa and also explored the Food and Wine festival. I had to try the Arendelle Aqua, it was soo yummy! 

Magic Kingdom 


Magic Kingdom has to be my favourite park. Just walking down Main Street and seeing Cinderella’s castle is such a magical feeling. I lost count how many times I went this vacation. We enjoyed rides such as; Tea cups, Pirates of the Caribbean,Peter Pans Flight, Dumbo, Haunted Mansion, Tomorrowland Speedway, The Little Mermaid, and It’s a Small World.  We also met a few of the princesses and watched the wonderfully beautiful Festival of Fantasy Parade. 


As it’s Halloween season, we couldn’t miss out on Mickeys Not So Scary Halloween party! 
With special characters just for Halloween around including Jack and Sally, Cruella and Hocus Pocus creating a night of toil and trouble, how could we resist!
Boo To You parade was spookily good, with a headless horseman and appearances from the Oogie Boogie! 

I was able to meet Jack and Sally, and Jack Sparrow that night to.

Of course the Mickeys Not Scary Spectacular firework show hosted by Jack Skellington was the most amazing show with songs from the movie Nightmare Before Christmas and other Villians! 



Hollywood Studios


Hollywood Studios is most definitely my second favourite Disney park. 
There’s so much to do especially with Toy Story Land and Galaxy's Edge. 
Toy Story Land is so realistic, you are really immersed into feeling like a toy yourself. Especially with green men walking around!
 Buzz, Woody, Bo Peep and Jessie are also around for meets.
 Slinky Dog Dash is most definitely worth the current long wait time! 
Frozen singalong is great if you’re up for some singing! You can also meet Olaf nearby. 

The Incredible Celebration area is great for meeting characters such as Edna Mode. 
It also has the cutest Power wall you can get a photo at! 



 Star Wars Galaxy Edge , Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run is one of the best rides in the park, you can drive a spaceship guys! You can also meet a lot of the Star Wars cast here, we met Chewbacca, Darth Vader and BB8. 
Also... the galactic Coca Cola is so awesome! 

Chewbacca stroked my hair so I figured it only polite to stroke his.... 
funniest.memory.maker.photo.ever.
I saw him later on and he waved at me, we have a connection now. 

Animal Kingdom 


 Animal Kingdom is a beautiful place, with the Tree of Life at its centre it’s a lovely park with anyone with loves nature, animals and Disney mixed together! 

I really enjoyed seeing the new Avatar Pandora section. Flight of Passage is by far the best ride I have EVER been on! It’s unreal and so beautiful. 

I always enjoy riding the Kilimanjaro Safari to see the elephants and giraffes and the Jungle Trek to see the big cats.  

A must is to watch The Festival of the Lion King show and Bugs Life, I always watch these two when I go as I just love them. 


Universal Studios 
The Wizarding World of Harry Potter
 

Ive lost count how many times I’ve visited Wizarding World, in Florida & Hollywood and it never gets boring, ever time I walk beyond that wall and see Diagon Alley infront of me there is tears! This place means the world to me, I love being in a place that’s brought to life in such a perfect way. It’s like you get sucked into the films! 

Florida has its bonuses because it has the Hogwarts Express you can ride to and from Diagon Alley and Hogsmeade which joins both parks in the most magical way possible. 

I love casting spells, buying merchandise, pretending I’m a witch, watching the shows, and riding Escape from Gringotts the most. 

We got lucky as were able to watch the Dark Arts show which features moments from the Forbidden Forest, Death Eaters, Dark Mark and Voldemort’s spells.


Wizarding World Haul

Each time I visit a Harry Potter related place I have to purchase a keyring.
This time I got a little dainty winged Hedwig, along with a pin and Christmas decoration.
I also finally picked up a Gryffindor house sweatshirt and a headband which I wore in the parks. 


Disney World Haul 

I got some new ears to wear in the parks as I only took my Millennial Pink pair with me. I decided to purchase the Princess Tiara ears and the Briar Rose Gold ears. 

 I was also able to find the Briar Rose gold sweatshirt in Disney Springs after wanting it for quite some time!

I’ve always loved the look of the Alex and Ani bracelets but never tried one on so I went to their store in Disney Springs this time and saw the Minnie Mouse rose gold ears bracelet and fell in love! I love that they are easily adjustable as I have a tiny wrist!

Pandora Charms are something I knew I wanted before I went. They are the perfect keepsake. I picked the Cinderella Castle which reads ‘Walt Disney World’ on the bottom and a Pink Fantasyland Castle charm, both exclusive to the parks. 

I picked up some Disney inspired bath goodies in Basin, some last minute Disney snacks, pins, pens and new park maps for my memory box.


Lastly I just had to get these Disney cat leggings! They feature every single Disney cat such as Figaro, Aristocats, Cheshire Cat and the Lion King. As a crazy cat lady, I couldn’t leave these behind. 
I also found a lovely retro style Aristocats long sleeve tshirt in BoxLunch in Florida Mall which I thought I would wear with them! 

Even now the magic is over, I have so many wonderful memories.
If you’re thinking of booking a holiday to Orlando, do it!
It’s the most magical, place on earth. 


Post a Comment