SOCIAL MEDIA

Thursday 4 August 2016

Harry Potter and the Cursed Child

 

As a huge Harry Potter fan, I was not sure what to expect of this script book. I was looking forward to a new story, but also anxious it wouldn't live up to its hype and expectations. I recieved it the day after it was released from Amazon, arrived with a beautiful design, hardback cover, etc.


As soon as I had begin reading, it pulled me in from the beginning, just as the previous Harry Potter books did. I was very sceptical of how it was going to be written, but I found it a light easy read, but also quite dark in parts. Not having any clue what the story plot was, I avoided all spoilers, having not seen the play either I was completely open minded and wasn't expecting anything at all. I was very surprised Harry, Ron and hermione were still very much written of, and not all based on the cursed child, Albus.

I felt the characters themselves were portrayed in their usual way, Ron however seemed to be a little less funny, and little less smart, but I guess they've grown up nineteen years later. It is great to know what the characters have become since hogwarts days but a part of me feels like it shouldn't have been written so soon. 

The overall plot was brilliant, I loved the story itself, the way they brought in new characters into the  wizarding world we all know, very nostalgic, hearing things of potions, Godrics hollow, quidditch, Voldemort, dark magic, dumbledore and revisiting the past is just a bundle of joy for any potterhead! 

The most exciting part for me was the introduction of new character, Scorpious Malfoy. He really shows us a different side to the Malfoy family. 

I most definitely see this more of a spin off than a 'eighth story' I feel there could be lots more stories written just like this one of adventures and journeys with characters and they could be made into books but not to the potential of the actual 'Harry Potter' series. 

 

Myself with the Harry Potter snapchat filter on the release day of Cursed Child!

 


Post a Comment